SuperMedia, which operates Superpages, Switchboard and LocalSearch.com has rolled out a new more relevant algorithm for Switchboard.com:
This is part of a larger effort to make all its sites more consumer friendly, although the new alog results haven’t been implemented on the Superpages “flagship” destination.
SuperMedia and the other major US YP publishers are now engaged in an effort to update, upgrade and in a couple of cases reinvent themselves as the market changes for both consumers and advertisers. The new YPG brand campaign is consistent with that larger shift.
Separately SuperMedia announced that it was extending its SuperGuarantee program into mobile:
Mobile consumers now have an end-to-end experience where they can sign up for the SuperGuarantee, find qualified businesses, register service appointments, and, in the event the job is not done right, file a claim to have SuperMedia step in and help make it right.
The SuperGuarantee® program is a national consumer guarantee initiative designed to lower the risk of hiring contractors, plumbers, auto body repair shops and thousands of other service-based businesses. If a consumer is not satisfied with the service provided by a participating SuperGuarantee business, SuperMedia will work to resolve any issues or, if unable to resolve the issue SuperMedia will reimburse the consumer up to $500 of the cost of labor for the service.
Previously SuperMedia CEO Scott Klein credited the SuperGuarantee program with improving retention/possession and usage of the print directory.
Other mobile app tweaks and improvements include:
- Add Photos: Did your food taste as good as it looked? Take a snap shot before you chow down and upload it when you rate your experience.
- Find Movies Fast: Search by movie or theater and see show times, read reviews, watch trailers or browse movie posters.
- Get Directions: Get step-by-step interactive driving directions with an option to have multiple stops on the way to your destination.
- Locate Local WiFi Hotspots: Find free and pay-for-use WiFi hotspots near you.
- See your local five-day forecast with current conditions, conduct a reverse lookup of people or businesses and access your My Superpages account to easily see your previous searches.