UK based local search and directory site TouchLocal has acquired Enable Media Limited, which owns and operates Scoot and AskAlix in the UK. TouchLocal outlined the benefits of the acquisition in an email to me this morning:
- A combined paying customer base in excess of 25,000 local business advertisers on annual subscriptions and growing at 8% per month.
- More than 2 million UK businesses listed, 500,000 of whom have activated their profiles.
- Over 3.5m uniques and 6m searches per month. Generating over 8m calls to SME’s per year.
- A field and telesales team in excess of 130 people and a really established platform for further aggressive growth.
- A forward combined revenue run rate in excess of $32m and EBITDA in excess of $7.5m.
- A significant move forward in annual renewals rates that can exceed 80%.
- Strengthening of distribution strategy that will enable more exclusive partners to be added this year in addition to our local search partnership with AOL.
Scoot has been innovative and was one of the first directory sites to try and use Twitter as a marketing and distribution vehicle for its advertisers. It was an early UK Internet directory powerhouse with a huge valuation that plummeted in the earlier part of this decade. It has changed ownership a couple of times.
The UK local segment is highly competitive and getting more so:
- Google, Yahoo, Bing