Andrew Shotland is at the Kelsey show in Florida — home of Disney World and the forthcoming Harry Potter theme park — and has captured some great data about the state of the YP industry from the mouths of the execs themselves:
- Advertiser volume has decreased from 3.7MM in 2006 to 3.4MM in 2008 while average account value has increased from $2,701 to $3,250 in the same time period.
- EBITDA margins have dropped from 45% in 2004 to 43.5% in 2008.
- Europe has the largest share of revenue from online with 25% in 2008. North America is at 10.4%. 15% avg global share from online.
- We will sell leads rather than products
- Price per call is a leading model going forward
More good stuff at his post. The day of reckoning is at hand . . .