Here are some items I don’t have time to blog about in more detail:
- Google gets into “addressable TV” with Visible World partnership. The concept here is that different versions of ad creative can target different audiences.
- More than 1K newspapers are now signed on to the fair syndication consortium, which seeks to collect ad revenues driven by member content from unauthorized uses.
- NT Times begins local display ad push on blog sites (platform AdReady)
- Digital Envoy until Digital Element brings zip level targeting to IP lookups.
- Different newspaper culture in the UK enables British tabloids to retain scoops and remain relevant.
- Brand Affinity Technologies matches celebs and athletes with media properties and advertisers in local markets (BAT in deal with Freedom Communications)
- Weather Channel partners with Frommers to beef up local/travel-related content.
- Haines Publishing launches new IYP site using Innovectra platform
- Chicago renter hit with libel suit for Tweeting that her landlord was OK with mold.
- Local.com hires a new CTO from Martha Stewart