- Sort search results by rating, distance, business name and category
- View search results within a defined radius
- Filter results by related categories and nearby cities
- Sort by star ratings and read user reviews
- Access recent searches, which are now automatically saved for easy reference
These are laudable moves — as I mentioned previously, the user experience has greatly improved — but mainly put it on par with other local search consumer destinations that provide similar functionality.
Local.com has managed through aggressive SEM and other moves to build impressive traffic but the key for long-term growth will be rising above the din. That’s going to take a mix of interface and product innovation, data quality improvements, marketing and luck.